Afton Motorsports Park Empire Sport Truck Class Rules
The Empire Sport Truck rules for Afton Motorsports Park are listed on this and three other pages, linked to below.
Page 1 of Rules: [Go to Page 1]Includes Eligible Trucks, Chassis, Rollcage, Engine Location, Weight and Body.
Page 2 of Rules: [Go to page 2] Includes Engine, Fuel/Air, Ignition, Transmission, Fuel Cell, Exhaust, Cooling System and Batteries.
Page 3 of Rules: [Go to Page 3] Includes Rear End, Dirve Shaft, Brakes, Suspension, Steering, Tires and Wheels.
Page 4 of Rules: [General Build] [Driver Attire] [Miscellaneous Rules]
[PDF of Empire Sport Truck Rules] [Download Adobe Acrobat]
These rules are posted here as convenience only. Not responsible for any type-O's or other copying mistakes. Call the track office if you have any questions. Make sure you read all safety and procedural rules outlined in the rule book.
The intent of the Empire Sport Truck class is to create an affordable, rear-wheel-drive option for rookies, and veterans to compete on an even playing field. These rules are designed to create equal opportunities for all drivers, and available makes and models, as well as drivers, to visit victory lane. These rules will not change significantly from year to year. EST or track officials have the final say as to whether something unspecified is legal.
- All interior must be gutted including upholstery and carpeting.
- May use OEM dashboard, or may replace it with a fabricated dash.
- Pedals must be in stock location with no extensions.
- May use aftermarket pedals.
- Aluminum high-back racing seat mandatory.
- Must be securely mounted to the frame/rolleage.
- Must use approved SFI rated 5 point racing harness, less than 5 years from manufacture date.
- Trucks must have approved window net with quick release latch.
- Windshield must be OEM Glass, Lexan, or wire mesh.
- Bumpers must be solid, fully intact, with no sharp edges.
- No "gaudy" cow catcher type of bumpers.
- Must use full body, fire retarded firesuit.
- Must use approved racing shoes or leather steel toed work boots.
- Must use Snell SA-2000 approved full face helmet.
- Must use neck brace or Hans/hutchens device.
- Must use fire retardant gloves.
- Rules are subject to change at any time in the interest of safety or fair competition.
- Any modifications, alterations, covering, or removal of any logo, casting and/or 10 number from any stock OEM required part will render that part illegal. The driver will be automatically disqualified, and may face suspension.
- Any part may be confiscated at any time by the track or EST Official.
- If the part has been determined to be illegal, the part will be kept by EST.
- lf the part is deemed legal, it will be returned to the driver.
- Drivers may be suspended and/or fined for ANY rules infraction.
- If a driver is fined, he/she will not be allowed to compete in any EST sanctioned event until fine is paid.
- All disqualifications will be publicly posted on EST website.
- If you have any question of the legality of anything, ask before you do it.
- Drivers are responsible for the actions of themselves and their crew.
- A driver is responsible for the actions of their crew. Make sure your crew knows this.
- Drivers may not enter another drivers pit and cause a disturbance. If this happens, the driver will be disqualified for the night or longer. If you have a problem with another driver and would like to talk about it, contact an EST or track official who will mediate the discussion.
- Fighting will not be tolerated. If you throw a punch, plan on being suspended for a bare minimum of 1 year.
- Empire Sport Truck officials have the right to clarify any rules. Their decision is final.