Afton Motorsports Park Empire Sport Trucks
The Empire Sport Truck rules for Afton Motorsports Park are listed on this and three other pages, linked to below.
Page 1 of Rules: [Go to Page 1]Includes Eligible Trucks, Chassis, Rollcage, Engine Location, Weight and Body.
Page 2 of Rules: [Go to page 2] Includes Engine, Fuel/Air, Ignition, Transmission, Fuel Cell, Exhaust, Cooling System and Batteries.
Page 3 of Rules: [Rear End] [Drive Shaft] [Brakes] [Suspension] [Steering] [Tires] [Wheels]
Page 4 of Rules: [Go to page 4] Includes General Build, Driver Attire and Miscellaneous.
[PDF of Empire Sport Truck Rules] [Download Adobe Acrobat]
These rules are posted here as convenience only. Not responsible for any type-O's or other copying mistakes. Call the track office if you have any questions. Make sure you read all safety and procedural rules outlined in the rule book.
The intent of the Empire Sport Truck class is to create an affordable, rear-wheel-drive option for rookies, and veterans to compete on an even playing field. These rules are designed to create equal opportunities for all drivers, and available makes and models, as well as drivers, to visit victory lane. These rules will not change significantly from year to year. EST or track officials have the final say as to whether something unspecified is legal.
- Must use OEM rear end.
- No Ford 9".
- Gear changes are permitted.
- No quick changes.
- No aftermarket aluminum rear ends.
- Rear axle may be moved to top of springs.
- No added lift arms or push bars allowed.
- No upper torque links or panhard bars allowed.
- May add or remove leaf springs.
- May use lowering blocks.
- Drive shaft must be OEM.
- Must be painted white.
- Safety loop must be located 6" from rear of driveshaft.
- Must use OEM brake system.
- No adjustable brake bias allowed.
- All 4 wheels must lock when inspected.
- May run right front brake shutoff.
- All Springs, bushings, shocks and locating devices must be stock OEM and in OEM location.
- May use aftermarket steel bodied shocks available at auto parts store.
- $75 LIST PRICE MAXIMUM WHEN NEW
- No aftermarket race shocks permitted.
- No racing springs.
- Front camber may be adjusted by slotting of strut towers, adding shims.
- Ford Rangers may use aftermarket l-beam to obtain camber as it is not recommended nor safe to cut or weld cast iron factory arms.
- All suspension components must be stock or stock replacement.
- Aftermarket tubular a-arms are not permitted.
- May use factory steering column or may replace with aftermarket steering shaft.
- Must have slip joint if replacing steering column, or two universal joints.
- Quick disconnect steering wheel allowed and recommended.
- May use steering quickener.
Tire options include the following.
- DOT Legal street tire.
- Maximum 245-60 or 65 series with tread wear rating (UTQG) of at least 260.
- 14" or 15" only.
- No snow tires, studs etc.
- "Snowcap" or "Snowflake" emblem renders the tire illegal.
- IMCA Stamped Hoosier G60.
- American Racer G60.
- Grooving and siping of tires is permitted.
- No Racing recaps.
SPECIAL TIRE RULES FOR ASPHALT
- If using Hoosier/American Racer or street tire over 215 series, truck must have maximum 54% left side weight.
- If using 215 series or smaller street tire, 56% left side weight max.
- NO TIRE SOFTENER.
- Steel Wheels only.
- 8" wide maximum.
- No Beadlocks.
- 1" Lug nuts mandatory.